For the cucumber and avocado soup
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic
- 0/5 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small, ripe avocado
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tbsp cream (or thick yoghurt)
- Salt and pepper
For the salmon skewers
- 4 cocktail sticks
- Around 3 oz salmon, sliced lengthways
- ½ cucumber
Makes four servings of cucumber and avocado soup with salmon skewers.
1. Peel the cucumber and cut it into large chunks. Put this into a blender with the ripe avocado and puree the ingredients together. Add the garlic, cream, cilantro, and lime juice to the mixture and blend again. Season with salt and pepper. Put the mixture into four small glasses and place these in the refrigerator.
2. Slice the cucumber into thin ribbons using a peeler or cheese slicer, and cut the long pieces of salmon in half, lengthways.
3. Put the salmon and cucumber together and thread these onto a cocktail stick in a zigzag pattern. Place the skewers on the top of the glass with the cucumber avocado soup and enjoy a delicious summer appetizer.
Tip: make sure the cocktail sticks are long enough to balance on the rim of the glass, otherwise the sticks will fall down into the soup. If you cannot find longer cocktail sticks, you can also use sandwich skewers and serve the soup in a larger bowl.