- 9 oz salmon, sliced lengthways
- 11 oz brown shrimps
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 3 – 4 tbsp whiskey sauce (from a jar or homemade)
Makes four salmon bombes with Dutch shrimps
1. Mix the Dutch shrimps with the whiskey sauce and fresh dill in a bowl and set to one side.
2. Line four round cups/glasses with a generous amount of plastic wrap and place the slices of salmon inside. Make sure that you leave a little extra salmon overhanging the edge of each glass. This ensures that the bottom of the bombe will also be covered by the salmon.
3. Fill with the shrimp mixture, press lightly and remove the salmon bombe from the cups/glasses using the plastic wrap. Fold the ‘extra’ salmon over the top of the shrimp mixture; use the ends of the plastic wrap to do this, by folding them toward the center. Close the salmon bombe with the plastic wrap and leave it to set in the refrigerator.
4. Before serving, remove the salmon bombe from the plastic wrap and serve it with a fresh salad.
Tip: the salmon bombe tastes even better with a homemade whiskey sauce. To make this, combine: ½ cup mayonnaise, 3 tbsp tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp whiskey, and a little dried paprika.