- 2 large butter croissants
- 3 – 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream or milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives + some extra to garnish
- Optional: salt and pepper
Makes two croissants with salmon and scrambled egg
1. Cut the chives into slices and put these into a bowl. Add the eggs and milk and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat some butter (or oil) in a frying pan and pour the egg mixture in. Wait for about 20 seconds and then stir gently once with a wooden spoon.
3. Wait for about 10 seconds and then stir gently again. Repeat until the eggs start to set (there may still be some liquid left in places), and then them remove from the heat.
4. Carefully cut the croissants in half and spread the egg mixture over the bottom half of the croissants. Add 1 or 2 slices of salmon and sprinkle with remaining fresh chives.
Tip: well-cooked scrambled eggs are shiny with a soft and creamy texture. You can achieve this result by not cooking the eggs for too long and using a smaller frying pan (or even a saucepan). By reducing the cooking surface, you reduce the chance of overcooking the eggs, which results in them becoming too dry.