- 2 – 3 eel fillets
- 1 (small) country baguette
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Red onion, in thinly sliced half-rings
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 – 2 tsp wasabi paste
- Lemon juice
Makes 8-10 pieces of toast with eel
1. First make up the wasabi mayonnaise by mixing the mayonnaise, the cream, the wasabi paste, and the juice of half a lemon in a bowl. Carefully divide the eel fillet into chunks.
2. Cut the country baguette into slices and toast this on a hot grill pan or in the oven (you can use any kind of toast that you prefer).
3. Spread each slice of toasted baguette with a teaspoon of the wasabi mayonnaise, place a few small leaves of lettuce and red onion rings onto each piece of toast, and finish by adding 1 or 2 small pieces of eel fillet. Garnish with the cress.